Translation Disclaimer

Google Translate is made available on the Fund's website solely for your convenience.
The official text is the English language version of the Fund's website. If you have any questions related to the accuracy of the information contained in your translation, please refer to the English version of the website.

What Are You Looking For?

Building Service 32BJ Pension Fund - Program D - The Basics

Am I covered by Program D?


If your contract requires your employer to contribute to Program D based on your work, you are covered by the pension plan. Your pension was formerly called the National Conference of Firemen and Oilers (NCFO) Pension Fund.

Does that mean I am entitled to a pension when I retire?


Once you are vested, you are entitled to a pension at 65 even if you leave your union job before age 65. You are vested if you have 5 years of Vesting Service starting with your date of hire. The rules are complicated, so if you’re not sure, call Member Services to find out if you are vested.

Do I have to wait until 65 to start my pension?


You can retire with an Early Retirement Pension at age 55 if you have 10 or more Service Credits and worked in Covered Employment for at least 500 hours of service after age 53. Your pension is reduced if you retire before age 65.

How much will my pension be?


Your pension is based on the number of Service Credits you have earned and the amount your employer contributes to Program D each year. Your Service Credits start counting once you become a participant (generally after a year of employment).

Is there a benefit for my spouse?


Yes. If you are married, you must opt for a Joint and Survivor Pension unless your spouse waives their right to a benefit. With a Joint and Survivor Pension, you receive a pension for your lifetime and if you die before your spouse, your spouse receives a reduced benefit for their lifetime.

How do I get more information about my pension benefit?

  • Your Summary Plan Description (SPD) describes your benefits in detail. If you no longer have your copy, contact Member Services for a new one.
  • You can find a lot of information online at, including a copy of your SPD.
  • You can get information about the benefit you have earned by calling Member Services and asking for an estimate.
  • If you are approaching retirement age or thinking about retiring, call Member Services and request an appointment with a Retirement Counselor. Member Services: 1-800-551-3225